The Newbury Park High School staff is committed to encouraging and assisting students in achieving our Expected School wide Learning Results (ESLRS) that state:
GRADUATES OF NEWBURY PARK HIGH SCHOOL WILL:
- BE CRITICAL THINKERS
- who think inductively to interpret raw facts and data for themselves.
- who identify, access, analyze, integrate and utilize a variety of resources and information.
- BE EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATORS
- who are able to use written, oral and technological communication skills to convey, receive and interpret messages clearly.
- who work cooperatively with others by sharing responsibility and decision making in the establishment and accomplishment of goals.
- POSSESS A CORE KNOWLEDGE
- of basic facts, skills, and understanding of academics, arts, and culture.
- of a wide variety of subjects in order to make decisions and choices in life.
- BE UNDERSTANDING AND RESPECTFUL INDIVIDUALS
- who acknowledge the diversity of opinions, values and cultures.
- who demonstrate personal responsibility and respect for themselves and others.
- BE PROBLEM SOLVERS
- who use a variety of learning strategies and thinking skills.
- who demonstrate creativity in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- BE ACTIVE COMMUNITY MEMBERS
- who are willing to contribute to and interact responsibly within their community and country.
- who handle practical situations according to common sense and the laws of the nation.